Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cheers to 6 Years!!!

Well, I havent't exactly stuck to my commitment of blogging once a week, but I only have 10 weeks of student teaching left so I will have more time soon! I cannot believe that after this week, I am 1/3 of the way done student teaching already! That is just unbelievable.  It is flying by....Did I mention that I LOVE teaching?  This experience is definitely confirmation that I made the right decision by making a career change! Ok, now on to what I decided to blog about today....

Saturday, Feb 4th, marked Sean and I's (is that correct grammer...seriously doubt it, but anywho) 6 year wedding anniversary. I CANNOT believe that its been 6 years.  I think that once you have a kid, everything just kinda speeds up.   It seems like SO much has happened in 6 years between selling a house, buying another house, Sean changing companies, getting pregnant, having Preslie, raising Preslie!!!, me quitting my job, me going back to school, Sean going back to school...and the list goes on and on...basically just normal LIFE occurrences!!! It has definitely been a whirlwind full of ups and downs, but with many more ups!!!!

I know I have mentioned it time and time again, but God has truly blessed us again and again.  He blessed me by bringing me Sean 9 years ago.  Let me tell you about this guy...He is wonderful.  He does so much for our family. He is the type of guy that wakes me up with coffee fresh from Starbucks just because he knows I love it so much.  He is the most laid back person you will ever meet...well, let me take that back...He WAS the most laid back person you would ever meet until we had Preslie.  Now, he worries about a handful of little things, like Pres having too much sugar.  Honestly, I think its kinda cute that he worries about that because there are very few things that he obsesses about.  Because he stresses about so little, he is THE CALM in our family.  Let's face it, nothing about me is calm.  I stress about, well,  just about everything! When uncertainty arises, he is the one that tells me to just relax and have faith that everything WILL work out.  Guess who is right everytime? Yep, him...of course! This is teaching me to believe those words...Thank You Sean for proving and teaching me that having faith and trust in God works, for teaching me that some things are out of our control and that we just have to let go (a very hard thing for a control freak like myself to do).  I have learned so much from this husband of mine!

He is a wonderful daddy. I think I admire him most for this.  He is one of those hands on types of daddies.  I think we see these hands on daddy types lot more these days than when I was growing up.  Not that fathers weren't involved in my generation, but I mean he changes diapers, brushes teeth, gives baths, takes her grocery shopping, basically entertains and cares for her ALL day for the 2 weeks that he is home.  Besides performing the basic care duties NECESSARY to raising a child, he is her provider, her playmate, her shoulders to ride on, her storyteller, her hero and her heart.  Thank You for being not only a father, but also a Daddy for my baby!

I could go on and on about him, but I'm realizing that this blog post is already getting long and I haven't even started telling you about our weekend yet...Sheesh! Basically, the dude is pretty awesome! We met 9 years ago and he swept me off of my feet..we fell crazy in love. Has it all been daisies and butterflies? NO...anyone that tells you that their marriage is perfect and that it is bliss all the time is LYING!!!! Ok so here are some things that I love about him (besides the things I have not mentioned) :
HE IS: my best friend, a hopeless romantic, one of the kindest people I have ever met with a huge heart, super polite (says yes ma'am, no ma'am, thank you and please to EVERYONE!!!...i love this!!), one of the wittiest people I have ever met, a hottie (have you seen those eyes?), and most of all...he just LOVES me. 

Now, on to our weekend.  A week before our anniversary, Sean (who was offshore at the time), emailed me and said to pack a bag with clothes for dinner because he had everything booked and planned for our anniversary.  I had no clue we were going ANYWHERE because we had decided we would not go anywhere because we just went to Mexico 2 months ago.  Fine by me though...this girl is always down for a trip.  He ended up spilling the beans after I asked over and over.  He booked a cottage at Oak Alley Plantation...a beautiful spread in Vacherie, LA.  It was the plantation where they filmed some of the scenes in Interview with the Vampire and some Beyonce video.  Since our anniversary was on a Saturday, he sent roses and chocolate covered strawberries to school for me.  He even went through the trouble of emailing the teacher I'm student teaching with to see where he should send them.  I told you, he is good (and one of a kind)!!!  So Saturday rolled around and we headed towards Vacherie, stopping in Baton Rouge to eat and pick up some goodies to cook for dinner at Whole Foods (have I mentioned how much I freaking love that place?!?! Berry Chantilly cake is the bomb!!!).  Anyways, after shopping for Pres at the outlets, we made it to our little cottage around 6:30.  Of course, it was dark so we couldn't see much of the grounds until the next morning.  In the morning, we had breakfast on the little sun porch of the restaurant and then walked the grounds.  If you have never been there, it is worth a trip just to see the amazing oak trees!!! We had a wonderful little weekend getaway!!! Thank You Sean for planning our trip! I love you so much and am thankful for everything that you do for me! Cheers to a wonderful 6 years! Here's to many, many more! Here are a few pics from the weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Wow I'm so happy for you! Sean is a great guy and you are a great girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete